Our contact details
Name: Dragonfly Bude
Address:1 Morwenna Terrace, Bude, Cornwall, EX23 8BU
Phone Number: 01288 488080
Date of Policy Commencement: August 18th 2020
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers such as customer name, address, email address and phone number.
- Details of the products you are purchasing from us.
- The dates, times and methods you use to place orders (for example, an order through our website at 12.30pm on June 1st 2020).
- Your IP address along with information about your browser, location and operating system, as well as the products you have looked at, search terms for those products and if you ordered from our website.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- To process and fulfil an order you have placed with us.
- To provide you with email marketing if you have asked us to.
- To contact you regarding an enquiry you have made to us.
We use the information that you have given us in order to:
- Process and fulfil an order that you have placed with us.
- To send you our quarterly newsletter, if you have asked us to.
- Provide you with information about products, demonstrations and/or workshops if you have asked us to.
- Answer an enquiry you have made to us.
- To better understand how you use our website and how we can improve the services we provide via the website.
We may share this information with the following processing Third Parties:
- Postal and/or courier services to fulfil an order that needs to be sent to you.
- Third party payment providers, such as Shopify Payments, in order to process your payment.
- Third party email marketing host to facilitate the circulation of our newsletter and other promotional email marketing material.
- Our eCommerce platform host Shopify, who provide us with certain analytical and statistical data about our website (as described above) and how it is used.
We do not pass on customer details to any third parties outside of these instances nor do we store any financial information. We also do not accept personal information about customers from third parties.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01288 488080 or by contacting us at 1 Morwenna Terrace, Bude, Cornwall, EX23 8BU
(b) We have a contractual obligation. In order to provide you with the service(s) that you have asked us to provide, such as processing and delivering an order, we require personal information to meet that request.
(c) We have a legitimate interest. In order to operate our website and till systems and understand the effectiveness of any marketing campaigns we run, we use information about how you use our website, information about your location (country) and browser requirements to improve our website and better direct any marketing we do. This information is provided to us in the form of analytics and statistics by our eCommerce host Shopify. If you have engaged with us via either Facebook or Instagram then they too may provide us with limited information as described above.
Our email marketing is an optional opt in for customers that wish to receive our quarterly newsletter, information about demonstration and workshops we may be hosting or other information relevant to our business activities. We do not add you to our email marketing list if you have made an enquiry about a separate matter. We do not share your details with third parties, apart from our email host provider.
You are only added to our email marketing list if you sign up. You also have the right to stop receiving any or all marketing material from us, as well as to amend your details, at any time. You may do so via the following methods: press ‘unsubscribe’ on the next email you receive from us; emailing us: email@example.com; writing to or speaking to us in person at: 1 Morwenna Terrace, Bude, Cornwall, EX23 8BU or via phone on 01288 488080.
In order to carry out our business, we use Shopify as our eCommerce platform, both for our online website and our instore operating system.
Any time you make a purchase from us using a direct method of payment such as a credit or debit card, then Shopify uses and processes your data in order to complete the transaction.
Shopify uses PCI (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard for online card transactions) compliant servers that support 3D secure checkout (a fraud prevention measure that adds an extra layer of security for card payments), as well as payment data encryption to secure your financial data, meeting the current standards for data security. Your financial data is stored for the period that is required to carry out and complete a transaction and is then deleted.
Shopify use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use our eCommerce Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics.
Third Party Providers:
As stated, we use trusted third party providers to help us carry out certain processing tasks necessary to our business. This includes, but is not limited to, postal and courier services for order delivery, Shopify payments, PayPal payments and Shopify for our eCommerce system.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored online through Shopify, which is password protected, via a backup USB file system which is password protected and in rare cases in paper format, in a locked cabinet. Any data processed via Shopify payments is done so through 3D secure checkout and payment data encryption.
We keep information such as your order details (items purchased, amount purchased and in the case of online orders your name and address for delivery of the items or click and collect) for 6 years after the end of the financial year (for our accounting period, March 31st of each year). This is so that we can abide by the tax laws of the United Kingdom regarding the filing and maintaining of data for tax return purposes. In the case of email addresses for marketing purposes, we will maintain your details until you ask us to remove them or unsubscribe yourself via our website.
We carry out an annual check (every August) of the email data we have, and any inactive accounts are deleted. We will also ask you during our annual check to ensure the details we have for you are accurate and if they are not, correct them.
We will then dispose your information by:
- Shredding any paper data.
- Deleting any data we maintain online or in a database.
- Payment data is deleted by Shopify payments as soon as the transaction has been completed.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing - You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org; 01288 488080 or Dragonfly Bude, 1 Morwenna Terrace, Bude, Cornwall, EX23 8BU if you wish to make a request.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
As stated in our terms of service, by using this site you are agreeing that you are the age of majority in your state, province or country or that you have given your consent to someone who is your dependant and under the age of majority in your state, province or country, to use this website.
We may disclose your information if we are required to by law or if you violate the Terms of Service.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at: Dragonfly Bude, 1 Morwenna Terrace, Bude, Cornwall, EX23 8BU
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk